Monday, January 24, 2011

Introducing Margaret

I've made a lot of cards over the year and will be posting them over the next few weeks.


I had my second baby girl in September. I made the following announcement to introduce her to our family and friends.




I love making pedestal cards. When set up, it looks like a frame for whatever creation you've put on the front. A create way to showcase that special picture, watercolor or sentiment. Cards that are made to be displayed will encourage the recipient to set it up and put it out to be enjoyed. After all, isn't that why we make cards?

Material used:
PTI paper - white, sweet blush, and hibiscus burst
PTI ribbin - swiss dot in sweet blush
PTI vintage buttons - sweet blush and hibiscus burst
Cricut New Arrival Cartridge
Vellum paper
ATG
photocorners
glue dots




How to create a pedestal card:

For Base: Cut cardstock to 4.25" x 11" (width x length) and score the 11" side at 2.75" and 5.5". This creates 3 sections - 1 measuring 5.5" long (lets refer to this as section 'A') and 2 measuring 2.75" long each (we will call these sections B (middle section) and C)

For bottom mat - cut two mats out of cardstock - one measuring 4.25" x 5.5" and another measuring 4.25" x 3". This mat will be the same width as the base.

For top mat - Cut two mats out of cardstock (or paper) measuring 4" x 5.25" and another measuring 4" x 2.75".

Embellish your mats as you wish.

For the larger mat, I ran the top mat through the cuttlebug using the swiss dots folder. I attached the ribbon. Then using glue dots attached the rattle (cut out at 2.5") and bow. I included the picture that was taken in the hospital. A standard wallet size is 2.5" x 3.5" so I left space for the picture and attached it using photo corners.

The smaller mat I also ran the top mat through the same cuttlebug folder. I printed the birth information on vellum using my HP Photosmart printer and cut to 3.75" x 2.5". I again used photocorners to attach the vellum (vellum tape was sticking well due to the embossing and I was worried that the ATG tape would show).

Once you have your pieces embellished, here's how to assemble the pedestal card:

Take your card base and set it vertically on your workspace with section C at the top. Fold C over B. Attached the bottom half of your large mat to the back of section C (this is now facing up and should be laying over section B). The top half of your large mat will not be attached to your card.

Attached the small mat to the bottom of section A. When assembled correctly, this section will become the "stopper" to the large mat when it's set in the pedestal position.



I hope this makes sense! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions in making the card.

1 comment:

  1. I love the Easle cad. I've made one but I love this one. I may have to copy your instrustions and make this TFS

    ReplyDelete